Hydration is intended for dry, cracked, itchy, or irritated skin. It not only repairs damaged skin, but it also helps protect against the elements. Made with high-quality, organic ingredients, Hydration is safe, non-toxic, and preservative-free.
Our ingredients were thoughtfully and intentionally chosen for their specific qualities:
- Beeswax creates a thin protective layer, while allowing the skin to breathe. Moisture is returned to the skin, creating well-hydrated paw pads. Your dog’s pads should be soft and flexible, yet retain their rough texture.
- Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties that help protect against microorganisms. This is especially important for skin health, as many types of skin infections, including acne, cellulitis, folliculitis, and fungal infections on the feet, are all caused by bacteria or fungi. The fatty acids in coconut oil effectively kill bacteria and fungi. It is an anti-inflammatory, and decreases oxidative stress. Coconut oil can help wounds heal quicker and increase levels of collagen.
- African shea butter contains natural vitamins and fatty acids that are incredibly nourishing and help protect the skin’s natural oils. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and aids the skin’s natural collagen production. It contains oleic, stearic, palmitic, and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying.
- Sweet almond oil is a mild, hypoallergenic oil. It is naturally endowed with Vitamin E, a highly potent antioxidant vitamin. Regular application of the oil can protect skin from oxidative stress and UV radiation damage, keeping it soft and supple. It can help repair some of the damage done to the collagen layer. The oil is especially rich in proteins, and can provide the amino acids required for the formation of collagen. It is a very light oil which can easily penetrate deep into the skin, softening and dislodging the dirt and debris accumulated in the skin pores and hair follicles. Being a mild, hypoallergenic oil, it moisturizes the skin without irritating it further. Almond oil, with its rich store of zinc, is great at soothing itchy rashes and hot spots. External application of the oil can prevent dehydration by reducing moisture loss from the skin.
- Atlas cedarwood essential oil has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antifungal, tonic, astringent, diuretic, sedative and insecticidal properties. It stimulates the hair follicles and increases circulation, which can help fur grow back due to chewing on inflamed, or itchy paws and promotes healing. As a natural antiseptic, cedarwood oil can prevent the development and growth of harmful microorganisms that can negatively affect skin health. It can help disinfect wounds, and is is considered one of the best essential oils for arthritis due to its inherent anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, topical pain relievers for joint and muscle pain are known to include cedarwood essential oil for its therapeutic benefits. By using it externally on the skin, you can reduce inflammation, which can then minimize joint stiffness and discomfort due to damaged paws.
- Ylang Ylang essential oil gets its wonderful healing benefits from its antispasmodic, antidepressant, antiseptic, antimicrobial, and sedative properties. It improves circulation, which promotes hair growth, and is very anti-inflammatory. Ylang ylang essential oil actually protects cells and tissues from nerve damage, which is important for cuts and abrasions. It contains anti-aging and anti-cancer properties, alleviates skin irritations, and prevents skin infections.
Directions: Massage into paws 2-3 times daily, or as needed.
Ingredients: organic beeswax, organic coconut oil, organic sweet almond oil, organic african shea butter, organic atlas cedar wood essential oil, organic ylang ylang essential oil
Net Wt. 2 OZ (59.14ml)